Bale Not On Manchester United List
Manchester United will not make any move for Real Madrid forward Gareth Bale.
The Red Devils have been linked in the past with Bale who has been told he can leave the La Liga side.
Speaking at the weekend, Real coach Zinedine Zidane revealed his club are looking to move on the Wales international who had a disappointing 2018-19 campaign.
“We hope he leaves soon,” Zidane said. “It would be best for everyone. We are working on his transfer to a new team.
“I have nothing personal against him but there comes a time where things are done because they must be done. I have to make decisions. We have to change.
“The exit is the coach’s decision and also of the player, who knows the situation. The situation will change, I do not know if in 24 or 48 hours, but it will – and it’s a good thing for everyone.”
But Bale turned 30 last week and that’s a major factor in United’s thinking. His age, the potential size of the transfer fee – Real will demand £50 million – and his £600,000-a-week wages are factors in cooling United’s interest.
The Welshman is now being linked with a move to Beijing Guoan who would make Bale the highest-paid player in Chinese football.
Maguire Deal Close
Meanwhile, there are reports Manchester United have agreed terms with Leicester City over central defender Harry Maguire.
Claims last week that an £80 million transfer deal is about to be done appeared to be slightly premature. But Bleacher Report journalist Dean Jones claimed on Sunday that the transfer finally looks set to go ahead.
It will be the second time this summer United have splashed out big on a new member of their back four. They have already signed Aaron Wan Bissaka from Crystal Palace in a deal worth up to £50 million.