Fabregas Rules Out January Move
Chelsea midfielder Cesc Fabregas says he expects to stay at Stamford Bridge until the end of the season.
Fabregas is out of contract in the summer and is free to sign a pre-contract agreement with an overseas club from 1 January. But speaking after Thursday night’s 4-0 victory over PAOK Salonica in the Europa League he said he expects to be the subject of some interest in the winter window.
“I haven’t spoken to anyone,” he said.
“Obviously in January I can sign with whoever I want and probably this will attract many clubs but so far, from what I can say right now, yes I will stay here until the end of the season.
“I play at Stamford Bridge, I’m happy. That’s the most important thing, but of course every player wants to play more.”
“I already know which games I will play and I am ready for it. I have spoken to the coach. He has been straightforward with me and I need to be ready for when the opportunity comes. That’s it.”
No Christensen Move To Barcelona
Chelsea have rejected an enquiry from Barcelona for defender Andreas Christensen. The La Liga leaders are keen to sign a replacement for the injured Samuel Umtiti who faces the prospect of missing the rest of the season with a knee injury.
But Chelsea are refusing to allow the Denmark international to leave Stamford Bridge. Christensen has fallen out of favour under new coach Maurizio Sarri. He made 27 Premier League appearances last season but has yet to play a minute in the league under Sarri. He has been an unused substitute on seven occasions.