Icardi Admits He Had Offers In The Summer
Manchester United transfer target Mauro Icardi says he isn’t interested in leaving Inter Milan.
The Argentine forward was linked earlier this year with a move to Old Trafford after reports suggested his agent Mino Raiola wanted to broker a deal to take him to United.
Icardi spoke to Spanish newspaper AS ahead of Inter’s clash with Barcelona at the Nou Camp this evening. But he said that despite receiving offers from un-named clubs in the summer, he wasn’t looking to leave the Serie A side then and he isn’t now.
“I do not know if everything that is published is true. I always say that I am very well with my family at Inter, I have no intention of leaving. Some offers arrived in the summer but I have neither the need nor the desire to leave.”
The 25-year-old added:
“Offers always arrive. At the moment I am very calm and I am focused on what we are doing with this team of which I am a captain. We are playing in the Champions League and the offers will not move me.”
Mouringo Concerned Over Lukaku Confidence
Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho admits he is worried about Romelu Lukaku.
The Belgium international failed to score for the eighth game in a row as United crashed to a 1-0 defeat to Juventus in their Champions League clash at Old Trafford on Tuesday night. Speaking to reporters after the match Mourinho was asked if he is worried over the £75million signing. He replied that he is.
“Not just with the goals he is not scoring but also in his confidence, in his movement, his touch,” Mourinho said.
“He is not linking the game well with the team. But he is our striker and he is a good striker we believe in.
“Romelu is a hard-working guy and a good professional. One day the goals will arrive and the confidence will be back.”