Cristiano Ronaldo ‘Calm’ Despite Allegations Says Allegri

Coach Happy With Ronaldo’s State Of Mind

Massimiliano Allegri Cristiano Ronaldo Juventus
Photo by Goatling.

Juventus coach Massimiliano Allegri insists that Cristiano Ronaldo remains calm in the face of rape allegations. The Portugal international has been dogged this week by reports of an alleged rape in a Las Vegas hotel back in 2009. Ronaldo denies the allegations.

Juventus released a statement on Thursday in support of the 33-year-old who only joined the club from Real Madrid in the summer.

But when asked about Ronaldo at a press conference on Friday, Allegri said that the former Real Madrid man is concentrating on this weekend’s clash with Udinese.

“He’s good, I can only say that in the 15 years of his career he has always shown professionalism and seriousness both on and off the field,” said Allegri. “He is very dedicated to the club, which says it all.

“He is back in the game and is ready to return.”

Ronaldo missed the 3-0 win over Young Boys in the Champions League this week after picking up a red card in the opening group fixture against Valencia. Paulo Dybala scored a hat-trick against the Swiss champions although Allegri insists it isn’t necessarily the case the case that the Argentine should play second fiddle to the club’s star player.

“It is not a question of adapting to Ronaldo. It is a matter of getting to know each other better: playing with or without strikers is certainly different.”

Reports from Germany claim Ronaldo came to an out-of-court settlement with his accuser in 2010. However, lawyers are trying to get the settlement declared void. The incident had been reported to the Las Vegas police.