Manchester United Transfer News: Milinkovic-Savic, Koulibaly, Boateng

Midfielder Set To Sign For Juventus?

Sergey Milinkovic-Savic Manchester United transfer news

Manchester United’s hopes of signing Lazio midfielder Sergey Milinkovic-Savic have been dealt a blow with reports claiming Juventus are on the verge of signing him.

That’s according to the former Juve director-general Luciano Moggi. He believes that the Serbia international will move to Juve along with another Manchester United transfer target the Valencia right-back Joao Cancelo also set to move to the Serie A giants.

“For Cancelo the situation is this: he wants Juve and Juve wants him”, Moggi said on Thursday. “The operation will go ahead just like that of Milinkovic-Savic. Talks with Lazio are already set. He will also go to Juventus.”

The news will come as a blow to Manchester United fans. The club have lost two midfielders with Michael Carrick retiring and Marouane Fellaini leaving on a free transfer.

Milinkovic-Savic is valued at around €100million (£88million) by Lazio. Reports earlier this week claimed Real Madrid could be in with a £132million bid.

Juventus had a bid knocked back last summer.

Koulibaly Staying With Napoli

Another Manchester United transfer target, centre-back Kalidou Koulibaly, won’t be sold by Napoli according to reports.

United were linked last month with the Senegal international when reports claimed the Serie A side would demand €120million (£105million).

But according to Studio Sport, Napoli president Aurelio di Laurentiis has promised new boss Carlo Ancelotti that Koulibaly won’t be sold.

United and Chelsea have both been linked with the defender, who turns 27 later this month. Chelsea’s link had perhaps been the stronger with the west London side also being linked especially as former Napoli coach Maurizio Sarri is being tipped to succeed Antonio Conte at Stamford Bridge.

Boateng Wants La Liga Transfer

Another Manchester United transfer target, Bayern Munich centre-back Jerome Boateng, prefers a move to Spain. That’s according to German website Kicker.

Reports on Wednesday claimed that Boateng could be allowed to leave Bayern this summer. That was after the club’s chief executive Karl-Heinz Rummenigge admitted they would listen to any “important” offers.

Boateng tried to distance himself from the report. Speaking at a press conference ahead of Germany’s World Cup opener with Mexico on Sunday, he said. “I am now with the national team and there is a World Cup on, which is the main topic for me. Why these statements were made, I do not know, but they are not my topic now and I have not said anything.”

Kicker believes Boateng would prefer a move to a side in La Liga. That narrows down his possibilities given that only Real Madrid, Atletico Madrid and Barcelona could possibly match his current wages.