Manchester United Transfer News Friday 27 February

See also: Di Maria says he regrets United move, claims Spanish journalist.

Rafael To Lead United Exodus

Rafael da Silva Manchester United transfer newsManchester United will listen to offers for full-back Rafael at the end of the season. The 24-year-old is one of a number of players who could be on their way out of Old Trafford this summer.

Manager Louis van Gaal claimed recently that Paddy McNair, who was recently handed a new deal, would be “the United right-back for the next ten years.” That doesn’t hold out much hope for Rafael in the long-term.

Michael Carrick and Ashley Young are expected to be offered new deals, but defenders Phil Jones, Chris Smalling and Jonny Evans are all about to enter the final year of their contracts with Evans most at risk of being sold this summer.

A number of other players also have uncertain futures at Old Trafford. United are unlikely to pay the £37million to keep Radamel Falcao at the club on a permanent basis. Tom Cleverley is a free agent at the end of the season and won’t be offered a new deal. Aston Villa or Everton are the likeliest destinations.

Goalkeeper Anders Lindegaard will be sold, while Javier Hernandez is also set to leave the club. Real Madrid have an option to buy him for £15million but look unlikely to exercise that option so Hernandez will head back to Old Trafford at the end of the season with a ‘for sale’ sign hanging over him.

’No Contact From LvG’ Says Nani

Manchester United winger Nani says manager Louis van Gaal hasn’t spoken to him since he left Old Trafford last August.

Nani is currently on a season-long loan at his former club Sporting Lisbon and he hit the headlines last weekend after he scored a wonder 30-yard strike and then got down on his knees and wept.

The 28-year-old was asked yesterday if he was in contact with van Gaal.

“No,” he told BT Sport. “I received some texts from Ed Woodward. He texted me about the goal and the great season I am having here,” said the Portugal international.

“I knew with the new manager it would be more difficult because of the new system and my position in it. I knew it would hard to play. I decided to go to Sporting because it was an opportunity to come home, feel comfortable, get games and feel strong again.”

He added: “You never know the future. It depends on a lot of things. If Man United want me to stay then, with a different mentality, I think we can work well next season. But there are a lot of things to discuss and see.”

Chelsea To Challenge Over Icardi, Clyne

Manchester United transfer target Mauro Icardi could be on his way to Chelsea at the end of the season.

United sent scouts to watch Icardi earlier this month when he scored twice in Inter Milan’s Serie A victory over Palermo. But reports from Italy suggest the young Argentine is more likely to move to Chelsea should Inter fail to qualify for the Champions League.

Talks will take place early next week over a new deal for Icardi, 21, that would see his wages treble. There would also be a release fee of £29million.

However, it seems United are out of the running.

Chelsea will also challenge United for Southampton full-back Nathaniel Clyne. United have been linked with the £15million-rated England international, but Chelsea are also said to be weighing up a summer bid.