The Borussia Dortmund forward is expected to quit the German club next summer when a £20million release clause in his contract comes into play.
Reus was linked with Manchester United during the summer, but Dortmund refused to allow him to leave. Now, with his contract expiring in 2016 and with the release clause expected to kick in at the end of this season, suitors are queuing up.
Manchester United, Arsenal, Liverpool and Chelsea were all said to be interested. But German media outlets reported yesterday that manager Jose Mourinho no longer wants to sign the 25-year-old.
In theory that leaves just United, Arsenal and Liverpool, but a number of overseas clubs are also interested.
Bayern Munich have already hinted that they could make an offer to Reus next summer, while Real Madrid are also said to be keen. Reus has previously hinted that he would like to move to Barcelona, but the Catalan side face a two-window transfer embargo that will rule them out of signing any new players until January 2016.
Reus missed the World Cup after picking up an ankle injury in the summer and he looks set to be sidelined until the New Year after picking up another ankle injury, this time while playing for Dortmund in their 2-2 Bundesliga draw with Paderborn on Saturday.
[cardoza_facebook_like_box width=”300″ height=”200″]