Liverpool Transfer News: Reds In New Berahino Link

Reds To Bid For Berahino?

Saido Berahino Liverpool transfer newsLiverpool could make a £15million bid for West Bromwich Albion striker Saido Berahino in January.

The West Brom front-man, who was called up to the England squad for the recent internationals with Slovenia and Scotland, has been linked with an exit from The Hawthorns after a successful first half of the season with the Baggies.

Reports have resurfaced today which suggest that Liverpool are preparing an opening bid of £15million in January. West Brom have played down reports that they will sell their star man and the Midlands club are preparing to offer him a new deal.

Berahino has scored seven goals in 11 Premier League starts so far this season for an average of a goal for every 141 minutes he spends on the pitch. Liverpool strikers Mario Balotelli, Fabio Borini and Rickie Lambert have failed to find the net in the league this season.

Rodgers Rules Out Origi Move

Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers has ended fans’ hopes of an early recall for Divock Origi.

Reports earlier this week suggested that the Reds would bring the 19-year-old back from his season-long loan spell at Lille in the wake of Daniel Sturridge’s fresh injury problems. However, Rodgers says Origi has only signed for Liverpool from next season.

“It was never the case of bringing him in early,” Rodgers said on Friday.

“The discussion last summer was that he had to stay. That was one of the reasons we got him. There has been a lot of speculation but the deal was in place that we would get him for next season.
“He is a young player we signed last summer and it was on agreement he had to stay at Lille. As far as I’m concerned that’s still the case with Origi.”



[cardoza_facebook_like_box width=”300″ height=”200″]