FC Barcelona Transfer News and Rumours Sunday 9 June


‘Pep Would Have Me In His Team’ – Abidal

Former Barcelona full-back Eric Abidal claims that Pep Guardiola would be willing to take him to Bayern Munich but that the German club’s hierarchy would have the final word. The 33-year-old was told last month that he would not be offered a new deal by Barca. They are keen to give him an honorary ambassadorial role and that offer is still open to him once his playing career finally comes to an end, but the former France international says he still has two years of playing left in him and is currently weighing up his options.

“Guardiola has often asked about me,” Abidal told French TV programme Telefoot. “He knows my situation and would be happy to have me on his team. With the friendship I have with [Bayern's Franck] Ribery that would be nice.

“Bayern have been the best team this season and it would be nice to go there but there are sports directors and presidents who will have the last word.”

Abidal had a liver transplant in March 2012 and returned to play for Barcelona before the end of last season but despite tearful end to his career at the Nou Camp he now says he has to move on.

“Everything comes to an end so you have to accept it,” he said. “The most important thing is to have options, such as Monaco. That would close the circle because it was there where I started.”

Abidal was with Monaco from 2000 to 2002 and has been linked again with a move to the club. Another possibility is Nice, coached by Abidal’s friend Claude Puel.

“He asked me how I am. We have spoken. I’m sure he would like me in his team.”

No Sign of Missing Neymar 10Million

The father of new Barcelona signing Neymar says he doesn’t know who has had the 10million euro advanced last year as part of his transfer fee. A storm has brewed over the 21-year-old’s move from Santos when investment company DIS threatened to denounce Barcelona to Fifa after their 40 percent stake realised less than 10million euro. This was after Barca announced a transfer fee of 57million euro.

Barcelona advanced 10million euro last summer – the figure appeared in their annual report – and it was assumed the money was paid to Neymar senior. Not so, said he.

“That money was to buy the 40percent stake DIS had in the player, but it did not work out like that because they would not sell.

“It was Barcelona who wanted it but we did not receive anything in advance. And I do not know what happened to that money. ”

Sources close to the matter have told Globoesporte in Brazil that the money was for Andre Cury, who works for Barca in the South American market .The money would have been to pay expenses related to the transfer and also as part of the actual signing.

DIS director Roberto Moreno now says he will go to court to force Santos to reveal a full breakdown of the 57million euro. Barca vice-president Josep-Maria Bartolemeu said last week that four companies were involved in the transfer but claimed commercial confidentiality prevented him from offering a breakdown of the fee.



Spanish football team.
Calle Arístides Mallol, 12
Barcelona
08028
ES
Both comments and pings are currently closed.

Comments are closed.