Chelsea Transfer News and Rumours Thursday 15 November

Radamel Falcao


Falcao Plays Down Transfer Talk…

Chelsea target Radamel Falcao says a move away from Atletico Madrid is the last thing on his mind at the moment.

The Colombia international has been linked with strong interest from Chelsea while Manchester City boss Roberto Mancini is reported to have met Falcao’s agent Jorge Mendes about a January move to the Etihad Stadium.

UK newspapers have quoted Falcao as saying today that he will move on at some point in the future but after Colombia’s 1-1 friendly draw with Brazil in New Jersey on Wednesday he claims he is concentrating on finishing as high up La Liga as possible with Atletico Madrid.

“The last thing I’m thinking about is a transfer,” he told French newspaper L’Equipe. “I have a contract with Atletico Madrid and I’m focused on my team.

“Our journey so far has been a formidable one and the team wants to have a great season. We are doing well but we must not let ourselves go. It is still too early to talk about the title, but I am convinced that we will be up there.”

The 26-year-old has scored 46 goals in 60 games for Atletico since his move from Porto in 2011. Chelsea were linked with Falcao earlier this season but a move in January looks highly unlikely as Atletico are challenging for a Champions League spot and are unlikely to part with their main goalscorer. They currently lie in second place in La Liga behind Barcelona and ahead of their cross-town rivals Real Madrid.

…and So Does Fellaini

Everton midfielder Marouane Fellaini says he is no rush to quit Goodison Park. The Belgium international has been linked with a £30million move to Chelsea in January after claiming this would be his final season with the Toffees, but Fellaini has now toned down talk of a departure while admitting there have been enquiries:

“I know there are teams interested but Everton are aiming to be in the top four this season. I do not think they will just let their best players go,” he told a Belgian newspaper.

“I’m very happy at Everton but of course I aim higher. Everyone wants to play at the top and so do I.

“It’s no secret that I’m ambitious. The club knows that. But I’m happy. I have a contract until 2016.”

LA for Lampard?

Chelsea legend Frank Lampard has been told he has no future at the club but is likely to turn down a big-money move to China.

The 34-year-old is out of contract at the end of the season and the Daily Star claims the Blues have ‘made it clear’ to Lampard that he won’t be offered a new deal. Players over the age of 30 are only offered one-year contracts at Stamford Bridge but the Star’s report implies he won’t even be offered such a short-term deal.

Lampard was linked earlier this week with a big-money move to Chinese side Guizhou Renhe but the Star claims that LA Galaxy is a more likely destination. The MLS side want to open talks with Lampard in January, says the Star, but what the paper doesn’t add that Galaxy’s chances of signing Lampard hinge on them off-loading one of their big-name stars. The MLS has a salary cap for each team with the exception of three ‘boutique’ signings per side whose wages can exceed the cap. Galaxy already have three such players in David Beckham, Robbie Keane and Landon Donovan, and one of them will have to make way if Galaxy are to secure Lampard’s signature.

Paris Saint-Germain have also been linked with Lampard but coach Carlo Ancelotti has cooled his interest after being told to lower his squad’s average age.


Both comments and pings are currently closed.

Comments are closed.