Spurs Transfer News and Rumours Wednesday 29 August

Moussa Dembele 300x250 24k


Spurs To Complete Dembele Signing

Spurs are expected to complete the signing of Moussa Dembele from Fulham after Cottagers’ boss Martin Jol admitted the Belgian midfielder was to have a medical with Tottenham.

The news comes as Spurs begin to spend some of the £33million they have received from Real Madrid for Luka Modric.

Dembele has been a target for Spurs for some time and Tottenham saw a £10million bid rejected for the Belgium international during Harry Redknapp’s reign at the club. The 25-year-old has a release clause in his contract with Fulham of £15million and Tottenham’s accepted bid is believed to be very close to that amount.

Dembele moved to Craven Cottage from Dutch side AZ Alkmaar in 2010 for a fee of £5million and has been impressive during his two-year spell at Fulham. However, he has always been keen to move to what he perceives to be a bigger club and when he heard about Spurs interest last November he described it as a natural progression in his career and as “a step higher.”

M’Vila ‘Could Stay With Rennes’

Spurs could miss out on Rennes midfielder Yann M’Vila with the coach of the French side claiming he is perfectly happy to hold on to the 21-year-old if the club don’t get a suitable bid by Friday.

Spurs have been linked with a £12nillion bid for M’Vila who was also a target for Arsenal before Arsene Wenger decided he wasn’t happy with M’Vila’s temperament.

“There is not much new, we have had some contacts but no more than that,” Rennes coach Frederic Antonetti said yesterday.

“The longer it goes on, the more we think he will stay. As I’ve been saying for some time, we knew that Yann would eventually depart in the final week [of the transfer window]. We are now in the final week.

“We are fortunate to have a shareholder who has the ability and the means to wait six months or a year for a good return of money even if that return is a little later. So if Yann must stay then good, the team will be a little stronger with him than without him, that’s for sure.”

Dzagoev, Moutinho, Lloris

Spurs are also being linked with moves for CSKA Moscow’s Alan Dzagoev, Porto midfielder Joao Moutinho and French keeper Hugo Lloris of Lyon.

Spurs boss Andre Villas-Boas has turned his attention to Dzagoev after seeing an £11million bid for Willian turned down by Shakhtar Donetsk. However, CSKA are likely are demand over £20million for the 22-year-old who is out of contract at the Russian side until 2015. Dzagoev impressed for Russia at the Euro 2012 finals earlier this summer.

Moutinho has long been on Villas-Boas’ radar but again the fee is likely to prove a problem to Spurs with Porto demanding the full 40million euro (£31million) buy-out clause in his contract. The Daily Star claims today that Spurs have made a £20million bid.

Some reports claim Spurs and Lyon have already agreed a fee for Lloris but Lyon president Jean-Michel Aulas says the deal is not yet done.

“Hugo had announced some time ago that he was very interested in Tottenham,” Aulas said yesterday.

“That said, today things are not completely sealed. There are a number of contacts, as there were with other players. The minimum is 15 million euros [£11.7million].”


Both comments and pings are currently closed.

Comments are closed.