Bolton Wanderers Transfer News and Rumours, Monday 4 July

Ali al-Habsi 200x200 7k


Bolton, Wigan Agree al-Habsi Deal

Bolton Wanderers goalkeeper Ali al-Habsi is set to sign for Wigan Athletic in a £4 million deal.

The Oman international has been kept waiting since the end of the season for a deal for him to rejoin a club where he was voted Player Of The Season last term.

The two sides had been haggling over a deal for the past couple of weeks with only £250,000 said to be separating Wigan’s offer and Bolton’s demand but despite rumours of interest from Aston Villa al-Habsi is set to move to the DW Stadium. He only made 10 Premier League appearances for Bolton since arriving from Norwegian side Lyn in 2006 and was sent out on loan to Wigan at the start of last season. After a successful season at Latics in which he was a vital part in keeping the side in the Premier League, talks began between Bolton and Wigan over a permanent deal, something that began to take shape after Wanderers agreed a contract extension with first-choice keeper Jussi Jaaskelainen.

No Bids for Cahill, Says Coyle

Bolton Wanderers boss Owen Coyle says there have still been no bids for defender Gary Cahill.

The 25-year-old has been linked with a move away from the Reebok this summer as he enters the final season of his contract with Arsenal particularly said to be interested.

“Gary has been the subject of speculation every day, probably to the point he is frustrated by it,” Coyle told skysports.com this morning.

“I have been very open. Some of the elite clubs in this country have noted their interest, but there has been nothing concrete. Until that changes, Gary is a Bolton player.”

Coyle added that he had nothing to report on rumours linking Bolton with Manchester City’s Shaun Wright-Phillips and Spurs striker Robbie Keane. Bolton look set to battle Wigan Athletic for Wright-Phillips and Blackburn Rovers for Keane but Coyle said there had been no movement at all in his attempts to bring in a new striker.

“We have been trying to bring one or two in, and we will continue to do that,” Coyle said.

Knight Set for Contract Talks

Bolton are set for talks with defender Zat Knight about a new deal at the Reebok Stadium.

The 31-year-old has been a regular under Owen Coyle where he has formed a partnership with Gary Cahill in the centre of Bolton’s defence.

Meanwhile, former Bolton defender Jlloyd Samuel is set to open talks with West Ham United about a move to Upton Park.

The 30-year-old is a free agent after being released by Bolton at the end of last season while the Hammers are now managed by former Bolton boss Sam Allardyce.



Both comments and pings are currently closed.

Comments are closed.