Vidal In Fresh United Links
Manchester United could make a fresh move for Juventus defensive midfielder Arturo Vidal. The Chilean was in United’s viewfinder last summer, but the deal failed to go through due to fears over the state of Vidal’s knee.
Now, Italian website Calciomercato, in a highly speculative piece on the future of Vidal, claims Juve could sell him this summer. Although he put in a highly-polished performance in the side’s 1-1 draw with second-place Roma on Monday, Vidal has had a poor season by his standards and has put in a number of subdued performances.
That could be the trigger for a sale at the end of the season. After reports of a valuation in excess of £30million last summer, Calciomercato claims Juventus would accept €20-25million this summer (£15-19million).
United are still being linked with the Chilean even though his form would actually make a bid less likely. Manchester City are also believed to be interested.
Falcao In Juventus Link
The same report claims Juve could make a bid for Radamel Falcao. The Manchester United striker looks set to return to French side Monaco once his loan spell at Old Trafford comes to an end in May. La Liga side Valencia have already being linked for next season.
Now Juventus could be interested in taking him on a season-long loan.
But former United legend Ray Wilkins says the Premier League club aren’t likely to complete Falcao’s permanent signing this summer and that the Colombian is a shadow of his former self.
“He’s been struggling for goals,” Wilkins told TalkSport.
“We haven’t seen anything really like the player that destroyed Chelsea a few years back.”
Falcao remained on the bench for United’s 1-0 victory over Newcastle at St James’s Park on Wednesday.
United have the option to sign him on a permanent basis for £37million this summer, but he has scored just four times for the Red Devils this season.
United ‘Lodge Bid’ for Brazilian
Manchester United have lodged a bid for young Brazilian forward Kenedy, according to the latest rumours. However, United will face competition for the Fluminense player with Barcelona reportedly interested.
According to unconfirmed reports from Spain, United have lodged a bid of £5.7million for the 19-year-old who recently starred for Brazilin the South American Under-20 Championship in Uruguay.
Rumours of a United bid are difficult to verify and the reports have yet to reach Brazil. But the claims of interest from Barca are all over the Brazilian media. The head of the Catalan side’s technical committee, Ariedo Baida, is reported to have ‘underlined Kenedy’s name in red’ on his list of top targets. There has been no bid from the Nou Camp as yet.
Barca are currently serving a year-long Fifa transfer ban after recruiting under-age players from outside their home country and any move for Kenedy would to wait until 2016. But Kenedy has time on his side and he could be prepared to wait until Barca’s ban is up before making the move to Spain.
The striker has played 24 first-team games for Fluminenese scoring two goals. He has also been watched by Inter Milan and the Serie A side saw a £1.2million bid rejected by Fluminenese earlier this year. It remains to be seen whether any reported bid from United will be more acceptable at £5.7million.